Russell Brand postponed the remaining dates of a comedy tour on Monday, two days after British news organizations published an investigation in which several women accused him of sexual assault.
Mr. Brand was scheduled to perform two shows as part of his “Bipolarisation” tour of Britain this week.
But in a statement provided on Monday by the Theater Royal Windsor, which was set to host Mr. Brand on Tuesday, the comedian’s promoters said the tour’s remaining dates would not go ahead. “We don’t like doing it,” the statement added, “but we know you’ll understand.”
On Friday, Mr. Brand denied what he called “serious criminal allegations” against him in a video posted to his YouTube channel. That statement was released shortly before three British news organizations published an investigation in which four women accused him of sexual assault, including one accusation of rape.
“Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute,” Mr. Brand said in the video, adding that past sexual encounters had been “always consensual.”
Since two newspapers, The Times of London and The Sunday Times of London, and Dispatches, a television program, published their joint investigation, several organizations associated with Mr. Brand have distanced themselves from the comedian and actor who had prominent roles in the 2008 rom-com “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and a 2011 remake of the movie “Arthur.”
On Monday, The Bookseller, a British trade magazine for the publishing industry, reported that Mr. Brand’s publisher, Bluebird, was pausing its work with the comedian. Bluebird had been scheduled to publish “Recovery: The Workbook,” a guide to overcoming addictions, on Dec. 28. Bluebird did not respond to a request for comment.
Later on Monday, London’s police force said in a statement that it had “received a report of a sexual assault which was alleged to have taken place in Soho in central London in 2003.”
British police forces never confirm the identity of an individual subject to a complaint, but the statement was issued in response to inquiries about the journalistic investigation into Mr. Brand.
Mr. Brand has yet to respond to that latest allegation. At midday E.D.T. on Monday, the comedian was scheduled to host a live broadcast on Rumble, a social media network associated with conservative voices, but he did not appear at that time.