The seven-time world champion extended his contract with Mercedes until 2024, but decided to change teams in 2025, when he will sit in the cockpit of Ferrari
Important news from the world motor sports At the beginning of the year an agreement was reached between Lewis hamilton is at Ferrari until 2025. But a new season Drive to surviveseries Netflix which tells the story behind the scenes Formula 1takes a step back and reveals the tension behind Mercedes' contract renewal in 2023.
Hamilton signed a contract with Mercedes in 2023, which stipulated that the Briton would only drive for the Germans for one year, with the option of extending it for another year. However, the seven-time champion decided to change his ways and will move to Ferrari, the most traditional team in Formula 1, which, however, has been far from great for 17 years.
Drive to Survive 6 – release date
The sixth season Drive to survive will be released on February 23. The series is one of the most successful milestones in Formula 1's efforts to attract new fans. Thanks to him, a significant number of young people were carried away by the circus and gave new life to the highest category of world motor sports.
There will be a total of 10 episodes that will tell the story behind the scenes of the 2023 Formula 1 season, in which Red Bull's Max Verstappen became a three-time world champion. In addition to Hamilton, the teams of Ferrari, Aston Martin, McLaren, Haas, Williams and Alpine will be honored, as well as drivers Daniel Ricciardo, Esteban Ocon, Pierre Gasly, Nyck de Vries and Lando Norris.
Watch a recap of every episode of Drive to Survive Season 6
- Money rules – Lawrence Stroll is ready to do everything for Aston Martin to become world champion. But this dream may end before the new season starts.
- Under the pressure – After last season, McLaren faces hard work. Lando Norris's car fails once again and he begins to consider other options.
- Civil War – Alpine's Esteban Ocon and Pierre Gasly have been rivals since childhood. Can they beat the competition now that they are on the same team?
- Last part – It's a fight between Haas and Williams. While one team keeps tradition alive, the other is ready for bold new moves.
- Queda – Nyck de Vries has high hopes for his first chance in Formula 1 and is struggling to keep up the pace as the pressure mounts.
- Act of faith – Lewis Hamilton has been loyal to Mercedes for 13 years. However, winning is the most important thing, and he will have to make a difficult decision regarding the extension of his contract.
- There is life – The investment by Hollywood stars increases the pressure on Alpine's management. Between frustrated drivers and disappointing results, there is something that needs to go.
- Go to Ferrari – In Italy, Ferrari is a religion. So when the team arrives in Monza, all eyes are on new director Fred Vasseur to answer the fans' prayers.
- Three is too many – Daniel Ricciardo is finally back on track. But when an accident sidelines him again, a reserve rookie steps in to take his place.
- Red or black – The season is coming to an end and the winner is already certain, rivals Mercedes and Ferrari are fighting a fierce fight for second place.