FILE PHOTO: Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla orders the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct a full investigation into multiple bomb threats that targeted several national government agencies and local government units on Monday, February 12, 2024 .Photo from DOJ Facebook page/Boying Remulla

MANILA, Philippines – Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to conduct a thorough investigation into several bomb threats that targeted several national government agencies and local government units on Monday.

“There should be no place for pranks or spreading fear among our people,” Remulla said in a statement.

“Let this be a warning to those behind this that we will not tolerate such acts and will come after you to the fullest extent of the law,” the Justice Department chief added.

READ: Bomb threats hit multiple government agencies and LGUs on February 12

On Monday morning, the central office of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) was hit by a bomb scare that resulted in an early shutdown of its operations.

The DENR disclosed that the Explosive Ordinance Division (EOD) of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) is investigating the circumstances of the incident.

“As of now, our employees have gone home,” the company said in a message to reporters.

READ: Bomb threat hits DENR central office

The QCPD said in a statement that its EOD team responded to the DENR central office located along Visayas Avenue in Quezon City as early as 8:55 a.m.

“Upon carrying out panel operations and thorough inspections, the results were negative and no signs of any bomb or improvised explosive device were found,” the QCPD revealed.

Authorities said the bomb threats were sent via email signed by one Takahiro Karasawa, reportedly a Japanese lawyer and “highly experienced” bomb maker.

In his email, Takahiro stated that the bombs would rock the country's main government agencies at 3:34 pm on Monday,


Unable to save your signature. Please try again.


Your subscription was successful.

The same name was involved in seven bomb threats recorded on December 5, 2023, as well as the Metro Rail Transit 3 bomb threat in September last year.



Source