MANILA, Philippines – A bomb threat disrupted classes at the University of Makati in Taguig City on Tuesday morning, according to the Southern Police District (SPD).
SPD reported that its Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team responded to the area and did not find any explosive or destructive materials or substances during the panel, which concluded at approximately 12:49 p.m.
No other details were provided about how the university received the bomb scare or whether it was linked to a series of threats that struck other schools, government agencies and local government units on Monday.
Among the offices and areas affected by the bomb threats yesterday were the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the Department of Science and Technology in Quezon City, the Department of Education in Bataan and the local government of Iba, Zambales.
Earlier Tuesday, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said all bomb threats were a hoax.
“It was determined that all of these incidents could be traced back to a single email sender named Takahiro Karasawa, who identified himself as a Japanese lawyer,” the PNP said.
An initial investigation by the Anti-Cybercrime Group indicated that the bomb threats were linked to those that occurred in September, October and December last year, the PNP added.