The Board of Directors of Access Holdings Plc on Monday announced the appointment of Bolaji Agbede as Interim Group CEO.
This announcement followed the death of the company's former group CEO, Herbert Wigwe, who died on Friday in a helicopter crash.
Wigwe died alongside his wife, son and former chairman of the Nigeria Exchange Group, Abimbola Ogunbanjo, in a helicopter crash in California, near the border of Nevada, United States of America.
Wigwe was appointed GCEO of Access Holdings on March 28, 2022.
Prior to her appointment, Agbede was the company's most senior founding Executive Director, responsible for Business Support.
- Agbede graduated with a BA in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Lagos in 1990.
- Agbede began his professional career in 1992 at Guaranty Trust Bank.
- She worked in various roles in Commercial Banking and Operations, reaching the position of Manager in 2001.
- In 2002, she obtained a Master of Business Administration from Cranfield University in the United Kingdom.
- In 2003, he became CEO of JKG Limited, a business consultancy company.
- Agbede joined Access Bank in 2003 as a General Assistant.
- She has nearly three decades of professional experience in banking and business consulting services.
- She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management of the United Kingdom and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.
- Between 2010 and 2022, the acting GCEO was the Head of the Bank's Human Resources Group.
- In 2022, she was named the company's founding Executive Director, Business Support.